Career opportunities for B.Tech (Food Technology & Mgmt) graduates:
The Graduates of the Food Technology & Mgmt Course will cater to the needs of entrepreneurs, industry, exporters, policy makers, government and to existing institutions. Several career opportunities have been identified as given below:
- Product Development Scientist : Conduct research on new to the world product.
- Sensory Scientist : Identification of attributes that matter most to the end consumer relating to senses of sight, smell, taste & touch.
- Food Microbiologist : Makes sure that the food is fit for consumption and is free from microbial contamination.
- Food Analyst : Devoted to the chemical testing of food products.
- Quality Control Supervisor : Ensures the quality from raw stage to finished product.
- Food Process Engineer : Look after the designing of plants and equipment handling in processing of food.
- Food Ingredient Manager : Analyse and evaluate the constituents of food products.
- Food Regulatory Affairs Specialist : Make sures that the food products is as per the certified standards.
- Nutrition Specialist : Ensures that the food is nutritionally wholesome and in accordance to the RDA’s.
- Food Fermentation Specialists : Involved in preparation and processing fermented products like cheese bread, alcoholic beverages etc.
q Opportunity in Food Processing (snack food, beverages, meat, winery, dairy etc.) Food service sector , supply chain, Post harvest, food retailing, food regulations and health and wellness service providers.
q Opportunity for overseas employment.